Did you know that June 21st is the first day of summer? For some people, summer starts at the end of May when school gets out. Either way, there are tons of things to do outside whether it is sunny, rainy, hot or cool.
Sorry. I couldn’t get that song out of my head while writing this post…. 🙂
One of my favorite things to do in the summer is find a place to swim or kayak. We like to hit the river. Every year we float down the river around the fourth of July. I was born close the ocean, so I basically learned to swim before I could walk.
While you may just want to stay inside during the heat of the summer, I encourage you to get outside. Nature and the outdoors works wonders for our minds and bodies. Here are some ideas to get you outside on those gorgeous summer days! (By the way, most of these are free!)
- Visit your local park.
- Go for a nature walk or hike.
- Rent a kayak on the river.
- Go to the zoo.
- Go bird-watching.
- Go fishing.
- Flip over a stump and look for bug colonies.
- Check out your neighborhood pool.
- Set up a slip n’slide in your yard.
- Grab a blanket and watch the stars at night.
- Go camping (in a tent or RV).
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Start a garden.
- Play hide-and-seek. (one of my favorites!)
- Read a book by a tree.
What other ideas do you have?
Check out more from TomboyVintage.com! https://www.tomboyvintage.com/blogs/news/14726005-100-fun-summer-activities
Check off the things that you do and see if you can squeeze in everything before school starts! Good luck!
So what are you waiting for? Think Outside!