It’s finally here! SPRING!!!
What is that big yellow thing in the sky that has been a stranger all winter?
Spring is the perfect time to go outside with your kids, especially if they’ve been trapped inside all winter. So what’s the first thing you should do? Take a big breath in and soak up the sun!
Here’s a quick video to give you a few starter ideas to get active outside!
One of my favorite things about Spring is the emergence of all the baby animals! Spring is all about new births. Seeds are sprouting, baby animals are everywhere and everything starts turning green again.
30 Ideas for Outdoor Spring Fun!
- Grow something you can eat.
- Go to a baseball game.
- Sleep outside.
- Pick flowers.
- Make flower crafts.
- Take an evening stroll.
- See all the new baby animals at the petting zoo!
- Tie-dye T-shirts.
- Wash the car.
- Climb a tree.
- Dig for worms.
- Teach your kids to play golf.
- Make flower arrangements.
- Make a birdfeeder.
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Show kids how to get honey from a honeysuckle flower.
- Dust off your sports gear and go outside!
- Make your own stained glass.
- Make pasta primavera out of spring vegetables.
- Take pictures outside.
- Get dirty getting your yard spring and summer ready.
- Make a fruity dessert.
- Get out the binoculars and go bird watching.
- Make a game out of spring cleaning.
- Have an outdoor garage sale.
- Build a tree house or fort!
- Hang prisms in the windows to make rainbows.
- Play in the rain.
- Have fun on a swing set.
- Go for a picnic.
For more info, check out http://www.grandparents.com/grandkids/activities-games-and-crafts/spring-fun-activities-list
Just a fun educational video about animal babies! Enjoy!
Do you have any favorite activities to get your family outside?